Ecologistics was delighted to be approached by Soft Serve, Inc. to become the fiscal sponsor for their newly establish nonprofit Open Eyes Fund for Ukraine. Open Eyes has been established to address the largest social crisis in Eastern Europe as result of the war Russia is waging on the country.
Open Eyes is planning to contribute to the defense of Ukraine, its people, environment, and cultural heritage through several objectives, including:
- Purchase and shipment of needed protective equipment, food, clothing and other necessities;
- Providing support to victims of armed conflict, war, and disasters caused by the destruction of homes and loss of jobs;
- Organizing volunteers and humanitarian aid;
- Supporting and promoting cultural and environmental well-being;
- Promoting and organizing activities for children, youth, and the elderly;
- Supporting animal shelters;
- Active participation in infrastructure reconstruction and development.
Soft Serve is perfectly positioned to perform this work as it already employs many programmers based in Ukraine. Its Open Eyes Charity Fund in Ukraine has been operating since 2014, improving the lives of the Ukrainian people and communities through many projects.
Donations can be made to Open Eyes Fund for Ukraine here.