Uniting the Central Coast for Action, in partnership with Let’s Green CA! is presenting a free webinar on August 4 from 12-1:30 pm. V2G (Vehicle-to-Grid) technology is attracting a lot of interest in the energy and transportation sectors. Learn more about this exciting innovation in this first of two webinars addressing the challenges and opportunities of electric vehicles (EV) to provide energy to the home and beyond.
The number of EVs in California is growing at an ever-increasing rate as both auto manufacturers and drivers embrace this technology. Many EVs have battery capacity equal to 7 home batteries. This technology can provide benefits far beyond carbon-free transportation: recreational power for camping or picnics, electrical power into your home, revenue generation by selling your kW back to the grid, and/or resilience in the event of a power outage.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- the many and varied benefits of EVs
- what is happening with EVs in Europe
- the value of EVs supplying electricity to your home (bidirectional charging)
- benefits of integrating EVs into commercial buildings
- how EVs can address the imbalance between supply and demand on the California Grid during the day (“The Duck Curve”).
Ecologistics, along with other local environmental organizations, is sponsoring this webinar. For more information and to register, go to August 4, 2022 Webinar: Maximizing the Value of Electric Vehicles – SLO Climate Coalition